There are five different Bartercard Cards based on the membership type and an annual qualification, each has its own features and benefits.
Our Platinum and Black Cards are awarded to qualifying businesses at the start of the year based on the previous calendar years’ trading. You must qualify using one of the methods listed and you must requalify each year.
To find where you can spend your trade dollars, please visit search.bartercard.co.nz and login with the last 8 digits on your card, and your personal name on the card. If you are a Gift Card holder you can access all Bartercard members around you by going to search.bartercard.co.nz/touristguide. Bartercard Search is like Google Maps – you can navigate to Bartercard members which are near you.
If you’re using your Bartercard with an Eftpos machine, you need to swipe the card, choose ‘credit’ and press enter. You will then be asked to sign the receipt.
The Bartercard Blackcard
The Blackcard is our top-tier card presented to Bartercard members to reward top levels of trading and promotion of the Bartercard ecosystem. They will have traded more than T$200,000 in the previous calendar year.
A member can also qualify with 12 or more successful bRewards referrals in the previous calendar year.
- All criteria under Gold Card except annual qualification criteria are relevant for Black
- Traded in excess of T$200M in the previous calendar year (annual qualification)
- A minimum of 12 successful bRewards referrals in the previous calendar year.
Premium features and benefits:
- Minimum interest-free line of credit (group of accounts) T$10,000-T$30,000 *
- Exclusive invitations to Bartercard events
- Invites to our Bartercard Top Trader functions
- Managed by a specially selected Business Development Manager
- Advanced notice of new members joining your region
- Complimentary Trade Show stand every year.
* subject to credit criteria
The Bartercard Platinum Card
The Platinum card is presented to members who have traded a minimum of T$100K in the previous calendar year. A member can also qualify with six or more successful bRewards referrals in the previous calendar year.
- All criteria under Gold Card except annual qualification are relevant for Platinum
- Traded more than T$100K in the previous calendar year (annual qualification)
- A minimum of six successful bRewards referrals in the previous calendar year.
Features and benefits:
- Platinum Cards are issued each January based on results up to, and including the previous December
- A business must qualify each year to retain their Platinum Card status
- Qualifying criteria are reviewed yearly by Bartercard New Zealand, and the card status is assessed and adjusted accordingly.
The Bartercard Gold Card
The Gold Card membership is available for those members who have traded more than T$50K in the previous calendar year. Once a member has been with Bartercard for five years, they will automatically qualify for a Gold Card.
- Traded more than T$50K in the previous calendar year (annual qualification)
- An active member for over five years
- Maintain good standing in the Bartercard ecosystem while trading fairly
- Fee payments for all Bartercard accounts must be paid on time (minimum 10 out of the past 12 months)
- Have a current business offering goods or services into the Exchange
- No unresolved conduct related to fair trading complaints.
The Bartercard Green Card
The Green (or White Card) is given to all new Bartercard members based on the membership type their join under.
Ideal for one-off staff incentives, prizes, gifts or bonuses for non-Bartercard members.
Gift Cards can be purchased for amounts between T$100 & T$1K and are valid for 18 months.
How to Order:
Simply download the Gift Card form here and submit it to your Business Development Manager. Gift Cards can be used within 24 hours of submitting the order to Bartercard.
Already have a Gift Card?
To find where you can spend your trade dollars, please visit search.bartercard.co.nz/touristguide. This will give you access to our Online Directory of members nationwide, and ideas of where to spend your Gift Card.
If you’re using your Gift Card with an Eftpos machine, you need to swipe the card, choose ‘credit’ and press enter. You will then be asked to sign the receipt.
Gift Cards can only receive funds once. If you are looking to make regular payments please ask your Business Development Manager about a staff card or expense card.
Gift Cards expire on the date shown on the front of the card. If there is a balance remaining once expired, a new card can be issued for a T$5 fee which will be deducted from the balance of funds. If a Gift Card is lost, stolen or damaged, Bartercard must be notified immediately to have the card cancelled. A new card can be issued for a T$5 fee which will be deducted from the balance of funds.